Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our First Stroll Around Multinational Le Gros Chigy!

We got our first chance to take a stroll around Le Gros Chigy after a few days of shopping, cleaning and organising.
The first thing that is obvious is that, like ours, many of the houses are second homes. Some of them very run down and overgrown, possibly due to the effects of the global financial problems. This is a bit of a pity but not too much of a problem as generally gardens are fairly simple and few houses have complex maintenance intensive gardens.
Second is the nationalities within a few minutes we met an American woman, married to a Hollander who told us their neighbour across the road was British. On top of the hill is quite a complex "homested" that appears to be owned by an Italian or Corsican.
The photo at the top of the page is one looking east over Le Gros Chigy towards Cluny.
In ending I just want to note that these posts are shorter and contain less images than I intended, because I am still posting from my iPhone as a clerical error is holding up my connection to the Internet!
Chigy
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment