Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Chateau Across The Road From The House at Le Gros Chigy

I guess you've seen it from a different angle in quite a number of photos on this site and you surely couldn't miss it if you visited Le Gros Chigy.

An old postcard of the Château at Le Gros Chigy
click image to find the postcard online

 


Here's the only shot of the chateau I can find in my photos.

A distant shot of the Chateau in Autumn 2010.
photograph by ChigyTweet
published under a Creative commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.


Its from the Salornay - Cluny road so very unclear and from a different angle. So next time I'm in Le Gros Chigy I'm going to try and duplicate the card, and post the two pictures side by side.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love those sort of pictures, those of the past and the present. Some time ago I found a website selling old postcards, with approx. 250 cards of Cormatin, our centre of the universe. After having made a small selection, we went out for several days with the camera trying to find the place where the photo had been taken. No need to say that most photos were taken from the middle of Cormatin's main street, which is now the quite busy D981. My wife had to sometimes stop the traffic in order to save my life. If you are interested, for my collection of Cormatin yesterday and today see: https://picasaweb.google.com/cormatin71/CormatinAutrefoisEtAujourdHui# (do not forgwet the # sign!).

    ReplyDelete